RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

variances in anchor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mreilly

variances in anchor Empty
PostSubject: variances in anchor   variances in anchor I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 12:49 am

Hello all. My first post here. A question/concern I have is after watching Rick's past two videos and trying his style with the double anchor: (knuckle of thumb on earlobe and nose on fletch) with my face that puts the nock literally at the corner of my right eye and I don't feel comfortable having it that close if nothing else than for safety purposes. Granted I have smaller attached earlobes. At this time I anchor index finger to corner of mouth, web of thumb under jawbone and nose on fletch. My question is this: Is the anchor merely meant to be consistent, or is there another major advantage as to the positioning of the arrow in your peripheral vision. I know that Rick doesn't "shotgun" the arrow shaft, but where is the arrow in your vision? Is your eye directly over the shaft? Does the arrow come from the right and angle slightly to the left (right handed shooter)? And about how much gap do you have at say 20 yards? Once again I know that we here are not advocating gap-shooting etc. I'm merely looking for input so as to determine if my anchor is similar to Rick's method. Thanks, Mike

I hold my thumb tucked down almost touching the callous at the base of my ring finger.
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

PostSubject: Re: variances in anchor   variances in anchor I_icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 4:56 pm

Mike
The reason for the ear lobe it is to get good back tension everytime you draw the bow, the ear lobe is the perfect place behind the ear lobe over extends you that want work the corner of the mouth can be ok, the problem with that is if you start getting tired or quit thinking about keeping your back tension you will creep at the point of release that is a no no.
Were is the arrow in your version---- were is the windshield on your automobile when you are driving down the road , its in front of you, you see the windsheild but you don't focus or look at the glass in it, you are looking down the road were you want the automoible to go. The arrow is your windshield look thur it focus your version on the spot on the target you want the arrow to go. Were is the arrow to the right or left (don't no don't care). focus on the spot you want the arrow to hit be constant with each step of your shot routine once you have a pattern were your bow is shooting ajust accordly. How much gap at 20 yards (don't no don;t care) You have a natrual sight picture trust it, shoot at 20 yard if you want just look an focus on the target let your arm come up as you draw never taking your eyes off your target let the arm go were ever it natrually wants to go, once you have a constant pattern on the arrow placement, ajust the bow accordingly. I can't say this enough trust your natrual instincts let them work automobilly, don't try to over ride them with consciouslly ajusting anything ever.
Welcome to the forum
Hope this helps - - Good Luck with your shooting.
RICK
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com
FredWalker

PostSubject: Re: variances in anchor   variances in anchor I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:17 am

THIS POST IS WORTH SAVING AND READING OVER MANY TIMES.

THANKS RICK bounce
Back to top Go down
http://HBKMartialarts.com
bruce martin

PostSubject: Re: variances in anchor   variances in anchor I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 8:24 pm

I had a slight mis-understanding of the earlobe anchor as well and did not realize it's importance for back tension. Recently I was getting my back tension by raising my bow arm elbow higher (it worked) but I think the earlobe is more consistent if done again and again until it is second nature. I took Rick's school a year ago and left shooting amazingly well doing it exactly as he teaches. Since then I have continued to shoot well but every now and then try something a little different with the anchor, such as knuckle behind the jaw bone (which is also consistent for me, but does not always provide the back tension unless I raise my shooting elbow consciously). So for me it comes down to 2 steps (knuckle to jawbone, elbow up) or 1 step (knuckle to earlobe, auto back tension).

Son of a gun, Rick was right again. Knuckle back to earlobe !

Bruce Martin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: variances in anchor   variances in anchor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

variances in anchor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: "HEY RICK!"-
Jump to: