RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fletch color for turkeys!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Conan 1883

Fletch color for turkeys!! Empty
PostSubject: Fletch color for turkeys!!   Fletch color for turkeys!! I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010, 10:06 pm

OK guys, turkey season is upon us. I am not a seasoned turkey hunter. I know their eye-sight is second to none especially picking out colors. Is there a particular colored fletching to use or to stay away from when trying to bag one of these birds? Any information is appreciated, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Fletch color for turkeys!!   Fletch color for turkeys!! I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 2:06 pm

If in a blind, probably won't matter. If on the ground in the open, for safety sake I'd think twice about red, white, blue. I personally like flourescent yellow, & that's what I use for everything. You could always cover them w/ fletch covers, that way you can shoot what you want. Best of luck, share your pics w/ us when you kill one. Better yet, try & film the hunt, it would be great video.
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
woodsman

woodsman

PostSubject: Re: Fletch color for turkeys!!   Fletch color for turkeys!! I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 10:02 am

I've always preferred fletching that I can see but you're on the right track about it being a problem when hunting Turkey. The main problem with bright colors is if you're using a bow quiver, once you get a number of arrows together you've got a bright flag, that unless you're inside a blind, a Turkey will easily see. I don't worry so much about the single arrow on the bow string but I use a fletching cover for the quiver.

Good camo is a must if you're not using a commercial blind. That means the bow also cause once that bird is in range the movement required to take the shot needs to be kept at a minimum, I've been busted so many times at this point.

I've done a lot of experimenting with camo, ended up having my best luck with a home-made guille suit. Even if using regular camo I've found that breaking up the outline of the head/shoulders and covering the face is critical to success. Of course, the hands must be covered too.

Good Luck

Woodsman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletch color for turkeys!!   Fletch color for turkeys!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fletch color for turkeys!!
Page 1 of 1