RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
herrmanns139

herrmanns139

To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension? Empty
PostSubject: To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension?   To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension? I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 8:48 pm

As of right now I haven't attended the school, so I figure asking a pro is the next best thing.

I am currently shooting a 55 pound bear montana. I am pretty sure I am over bowed. But my biggest problem is that I am unable to feel back tension. I am tired in my bicep and arm muscles after shooting maybe 100 arrows today.

How do I feel back tension? Also, is it better to use a light or heavy bow to feel it?
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension? Empty
PostSubject: Re: To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension?   To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension? I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 11:42 am

Harrmanns 139
It is possible that 55 pounds is not too much weight for you if your bow is stacking or hitting a wall before you get to ful draw this will make it hard to get consistent back tension also makes the bow unforgiven and hard to shoot. If the bow draws smoothly all the way back to your anchor then 55 pounds coud to be too much weight for you if you bow will draw smoothly to your anchor and you can hold 2 or 3 seconds without shaking you are not over bowed. I anchor at my ear lobe this automatically gets my bow hand elbow in line with my arrow at full draw giving me automatic back tension without ever having to think about it. It's there automatically every time. Don't go past your earlobe this will over extend you and make your bow arm push on release also makes your release hand pluck on release all bad things so don't over extend.
Good luck
Rick Welch
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com

To anyone: whats the best and fastest way to learn proper back tension?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: "HEY RICK!"-
Jump to: