RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Centershot - does it matter?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Benton

Centershot - does it matter? Empty
PostSubject: Centershot - does it matter?   Centershot - does it matter? I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 3:22 pm

Hey Rick!

I've been playing around with that metal riser bow tuning it for different arrows. One of the things I've noticed is that the bow is cut way, way past center - as if it were made to be shot with an attached rest.

If I want to get it dead on center, I have to build out the side plate 1/4 inch.

I've usually read that things are most forgiving when things are close to center, but just a bit past true center - which would imply a sideplate somewhere around 5/16".

I''m not sure how much it matters, since I can get the bow to shoot where I'm pointing either way with different arrow spines.

But I'm wondering if the shelf up close to centershot would ultimately be more forgiving?
Back to top Go down

Centershot - does it matter?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: "HEY RICK!"-
Jump to: