RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elevated Rests?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Swamp Preacher

Elevated Rests? Empty
PostSubject: Elevated Rests?   Elevated Rests? I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 4:54 pm

Hey Rick,
I've been shooting off the shelf and recently tried a Hoyt Hunter Elevated Rest. Should I stick with the shelf or try with the elevated rest? These are like the bear rest, plastic and inexpensive. I'm trying to develop as much of your style before coming to school.

O.K. Just read your response to the same question earlier this summer. Sorry, just getting the hang of this forum. Went out and shot off shelf, and really could not see any difference. I use three under, and a cordovan tab. My release is clean, so maybe the elevated rest is not an issue. Seems that elevated rests are more forgiving if your release is bad. If you have anything more to say I would appreciate it. I talked to you earlier this week about clickers. I really like to keep things as simple as possible. That's why I dropped the compounds and came back to traditional.
I live in downtown Charleston, and my range is a long porch on the second floor (about 19 yds.) Can get a little longer in the drive way. Shoot a bag target for field points and a block for broad heads. Now shooting one arrow at a time. Helps overcome boardom.
Back to top Go down

Elevated Rests?
Page 1 of 1