RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shooting right handed with left eye dominant and split finger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
molarholer

shooting right handed with left eye dominant and split finger Empty
PostSubject: shooting right handed with left eye dominant and split finger   shooting right handed with left eye dominant and split finger I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:27 pm

Hello Rick,
have been shooting traditonal for 5 years and am pushing 60 years old. Posted a previous
message here but doesn't show at this forum as recorded. I recently joined a bowyer group
that make all wood laminated and bamboo backed bows that perform as well if not better
than my custom fiberglass longbows and recurves. These all wood bows have deflex handles
and reflexed limbs with early draw weight and smooth to full draw without any stacking. As
a result of shooting these bows my draw length has increased from 25 inches to 27 inches
because these bows perform better at lower full draw weights making them more comfortable
to shoot. These men whom I meet with, that makes these bows, shoot 3D competitions regularly
which I have never done. All of my custom glassed bows were made at 25 inch draw weights
at 47 to 50 lbs for hunting and now at 2 inch further draw lenghts my fingers using a 3 finger glove
are getting a little tender if I practice alot. The bowyer group shoot usually in the top 5 or win
most of the meets and have been trying to persuade me to shoot with a tab and go to 3 fingers
below the nock point. I have tried this method but my accuracy has suffered because it is so
foreign to my senses. It is hunting season,so I reverted back to my split finger and glove and the
result this weekend(9 Oct 2010) put down a doe and hog. I don't do well at the meets because
I rarely try to shoot animals beyond 20 yards and practice mainly at this distance. When the group
shoot at our local area to test the bows made, most targets are set from 15 to 25 yards and I can
give them a run for their money. I have ordered another glass bow from a man named Jason
Kendall who makes a short long bow at 58 inches that shoots very similar to the bows the group
makes. It will cast a 400 grain carbon arrow with a 125 grain fixed broadhead at 27 inch draw
length of 42lbs 185FPS which is fine for me for hunting. The wood bows are 64 inches or longer
and for my stand placments are not suitable for hunting. So I think I have solved the problem
with a suitable bow for both hunting and will also meet the requiements for the Texas longbow
3D meets they want me to enter(a requirement for staying in the boyer group also HA!) So this
finally leads me to other problem, shooting longer distance targets for 3D with my current left
eye dominance and split finger. When I reviewed the testimonial section of your 2 to 4 day school
every student I saw shot 3 under. Their testimonies were as genuine as their arrow flight performance
from your instruction. I would like to take a course after hunting season and have ordered DVD#3.
But I would like you to tell me up front whether I can expect the same results if I choose split finger
over 3 under. To help me make the proper move I can send you a video of me shooting from behind
as in your shooting shool and from the side. If you see my current release is defective then I will
try to practice again with 3 fingers below before attending the course. You can contact me at my
e-mail address required to join this forum. If I have not heard from you, I will give you a call.

Sincerely Scott
Back to top Go down

shooting right handed with left eye dominant and split finger
Page 1 of 1