RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Indiana

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snide

snide

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 2:15 am

Hello, name is David Schneider (aka: snide) I live in SE Indiana. I have been shooting instinctive for around 20 years, hunting with a Recurve or Longbow was first priority but I did shoot a number of 3D Tourneys in our tri-state area and was very proficient in my own mind, winning more than my fair share. For some reason or another I decided to take a break from the bows for a few months and pursue some of my other outdoor hobbies. That hiatus has lasted 6 years now. Vowing to return to a hobby I truly love, my stick bows seemed to taunt me every time I walked by them displayed upon the wall in my "man cave"..

A few days ago, I decided to pull one of my favorite Recurves off the display rack wax the string, string it, find brace, minor tune, dig out some of my 'ol trusty port oxford cedar shafts affixed with flu-flu's and Judo's and walk into the woods behind my house...For the most part I could tell a few things right off the bat.. 1st) My bow seemed much heaver than it did when I religiously shot 200 arrows a night every-night. (yes I'm guilty, I used to shoot groups...massive 20 yard groups..lol) And Second I could not hit the broad side of a barn!! Which I guess, in turn, what has lead me here to this forum and you folks...LOL

In the past I followed Rick for some time, after meeting him a couple of times briefly at IBO shoots, I was convinced enough to realize he was the real deal (meaning, he was a sincere fella, no sales pitch, just the shared common interest in bows and shooting them accurately). This lead to ordering his video's (or at least the one's available) Pre-DVD...I still have 'em on VHS somewhere I'm sure. And what I realized then and is certainly confirmed now (after viewing all the you tube video's) Rick has a method that has stood the test of time and for whatever reason he offers his trade secrets to help make us more proficiently accurate in this hobby we share.

As of now I plan to shoot more often, and practice more proficiently. And now that I see Rick has a school for stickbowers such as myself, I may be making plans to travel south and see if he can knock the rust off and get me straightened back out!

Thanks, Looking forward to the journey!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.wpkennels.com
ChrisK.

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:48 pm

I am also from Indiana. I live in Rockville now. I was born and raised in Terre Haute. When me and my wife started out together we started in Montezuma and then moved to Ferdinand and then got home sick and moved back to Parke Co.
Chris Kiefner
Back to top Go down
snide

snide

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 12:59 am

ChrisK. wrote:
I am also from Indiana. I live in Rockville now. I was born and raised in Terre Haute. When me and my wife started out together we started in Montezuma and then moved to Ferdinand and then got home sick and moved back to Parke Co.
Chris Kiefner

Well Hello there fellow HOOSIER!!
Back to top Go down
soimanerd2

soimanerd2

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012, 2:13 pm

Hi David, thanks for your post. I was born and raised in Salem, Indiana and now live in Denver, Colorado. Been out here for almost 17yrs after 11yrs in the Army. I am really tickled that Rick has put up this website. Glad that you've stayed with archery too. I've done the same as you, gotten into other hobbies outdoors but getting back to some roots now in archery. I've shot compounds for the last 12yrs at state and national tournaments but haven't done much hunting so I'm hoping to do that now. Never taken any kind of game with a bow so I suppose a fella has to start somewhere and I like traditional equipment. My Dad taught me about traditional archery when I was little but I just never got very proficient with it. I was over-bowed and never really got the nack of what I was supposed to do shooting. I'd just point-n-shoot with luck then.

I just recently bought my Dad a brand new Bob Lee takedown longbow and that was when I decided that it would be fun to get back into traditional archery. When I was looking around the web for a good bow for my Dad, I found all sorts of different bows and ran across those videos of Rick and joined this website last year. Now I've done it and got myself a nice Recurve and am setting it up. Sure am glad that Rick has put some info together for us on DVD's. I just ordered them and will look forward to watching them in my Man Cave too.

Hope all is going well for you since you last posted and wanted to say hi to a fellow Hoosier. Sure do like going home to see my folks there in Salem and got to see them this month during the Indoor Nationals there in Louisville, KY. Let us know how your shooting has been. -Winn Mahuron
Back to top Go down
archer38

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

Great introduction David, Nice to meet you. I'm Norm and I live near Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario Canada. I'm fairly new to traditional archery but I'm completely hooked ! I'm an avid bear hunter and white tail are a close second.
Hope you find your way back to your old shooting success. Hope I can someday shoot that good too !
Back to top Go down
snide

snide

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 11:18 am

Thanks fella's,! To answer your questions about where I'm at with my shooting is I have to make more time, have not been shooting a "whole" bunch. I understand that you only get out what you put in, and I need to dedicate more time to shooting. It's hard, work, 2 boys in sports, and everything else I got going on... back when I shot I was single no kids..lol. When I do shoot, I cant seem to find my rhythm and become quickly frustrated. I guess I don't want it near as bad as I did back then, so fairly certain competitive shooting anymore is proly a thing of my past. However I still plan to go see Rick and see if he can breath some new fire into it for me... Smile

I have acquired 2 Dakota Recurves since I last posted and like them both tremendously, now if I could shoot as good as my bows look..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Indiana
Page 1 of 1