RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quite A revelation!!

Go down 
+2
daohead
MOURNING WOOD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MOURNING WOOD

Quite A revelation!! Empty
PostSubject: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 10:40 pm

I went to Compton which is a huge traditional rendezvous here in Michigan.I was shooting in my new to me style that I was fortunate enough to try to incorporate since early spring.I just happened to request some help with accuracy and I was really amazed and excited when the person to offer me an answer to my dilemma was the man himself,Rick Welch.Anyway people were aking me about my style and of course I told them about the Rick Welch system and how happy I was to see my improved accuracy.Anyway every one I talked to thought it was gun barreling,looking down the arrow,string walking,or some other trick to achieve accuracy.I tried to explain that I was only looking at where I wanted to hit and just knew that I was there to deliver the arrow.They were either shooting with me or just ahead or behind me and could see that I wasn't using the arrow for anything other than shooting it and still they wouldn't belive it wasn't instinctive.I was really blown away by their reaction because it was unanimous that they thought it was smoke and mirrors and not instinctive shooting.The funny thing about the whole episode is that I really don't have any thing against anyone to shoot any way they want to but if they are accurate then so be it.I'm only a descent shot so far but am having a great time trying to discover my new style.I can only imagine what people think about the really great shots that are shooting in Rick's style.ED
Back to top Go down
daohead

daohead

PostSubject: Re: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:55 pm

Yeah, I am getting a little annoyed and frustrated by the trolls who are CONVINCED that we are gun barreling, etc. They just don't seem to get it, and I think they don't want to... I just operate by two of my life rules when on the discussion lists: a) "Don't teach a pig to dance; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." and, 2) "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

The selfish side of me also feels like they should have to invest in their archery, like I did...

Tony
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:18 pm

Every time you see someone on the L.W. asking for help, just tell them about Rick. PM them our forum. Don't get banned like I did Laughing, but let them know on the down low. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
MOURNING WOOD

PostSubject: Re: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:54 pm

I will be totally honest when I say that whatever negative things they want to say is no consequence to me.I am thrilled that Rick sent me his second dvd and I have been shooting better than ever thanks to his generosity.If shooting is not fun then it gets to be methodical versus flowing.I just shot another shoot this weekend and scored a 218 out of 300 but some of the shots were longer than my more comfortable hunting distance.I mmmmissed three targets but my right to left was really great,it was just my mind wasn't wrapped around the distance just perfect.I still feel that hunting is going to be so much fun because at 25 yards and in I really feel good about things.There's still a couple of months of practice time till bow season opens on October first here in Michigan.If i got banned from The Wall it will be because I defended a system that I totally believe in and because I have met such tremendous folks such as Rick Welch,and Dave Mullins.Tony your statements cracked me up!!Anyway i will be slugging for the fences to let the folks that need and want our assistance.The ones that can't/won't see that we are having a ball are just trying to stir up a fight when,us in the know,are having too much enjoyment to fall for that!!THANKS ALL YOU GUYS ON THE ACCURACY FACTORY!!I would really enjoy to shoot with each and everyone of you guys!!!ED
Back to top Go down
Jim Keener

PostSubject: Re: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 6:32 pm

A lot of the guys on LW don't want help. They want someone to validate what they do.
Others seem to WANT archery to be complicated...like a calculus equation that you have to solve before releasing an arrow.
"Look! A wild hog!! Let's see...If X=D(distance to target)
and if Y=G(distance between arrow tip and target)

Then A=D/(G x-3)
The (A)rc is (D)istance divided by (G)ap times negati...wait...I got that wrong...DON'T MOVE PIG! I'LL be right with ya!! If D= distance..."

Dang. Just shoot the arrow and get the grill ready!!

How far is it? Don't know. Don't care.
Back to top Go down
heavyhorns

PostSubject: Re: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 11:18 am

I'm done with the LW. There are some good people on there but some are real jerks. I recently asked a question about how to get a handle on a serious coyote problem and I was amazed at the way I was attacked. One guy from Canada said that the problem was caused by me and I needed to learn to live with it because man created the coyote problem or something. I told him that Peta called and wants him back at work. Of course, that got me blacklisted but that guy was the instigator. I was just looking for advice. I'm done with them.
Back to top Go down
John Carter

PostSubject: Re: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 5:25 am

I have a slightly different approach to people that tell me I'm gun barrelling or gaping,,,or what ever.
First off I don't have a problem with anybody elses way of doing things,so I don't go looking for problems.
Second,I'm pretty good at recognising the genuine question from the troll,,,so I play head games with the obvious trolls.
If they tell me I'm gun barreling or gaping ect ect ,I will agree whole heartedly an then go on to tell them how great it is and how it's so much better than what ever it is they claim to be doing,,,,,,,,,then I walk away an quietly watch them stew on it.
I can play those silly games as well as anybody. Laughing you just can't take this stuff to seriously.

Most of the internet sites,,,I just stay away from the subjects I know are going to turn bad sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quite A revelation!!   Quite A revelation!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quite A revelation!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?-
Jump to: