RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My experience at Ricks Shooting School - may 25-26th 2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jerbearyukon

My experience at Ricks Shooting School - may 25-26th 2011 Empty
PostSubject: My experience at Ricks Shooting School - may 25-26th 2011   My experience at Ricks Shooting School - may 25-26th 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 4:05 am

Well I live in the Yukon so it was a bit of a stretch to get to Ricks class. I was determined to make it happen cause I just wasn't happy with the way I was shooting . I am primarily a hunter and shot a nice black bear a few days before the trip. So I arrived just waiting for him to show me where my inconsitancies were.

The first thing he did (like most above have pointed out already ) is get you to shoot and video it....then in slow motion go through it and see what there is to fix. Then it was time to go and tune the bow. I had bought an inexpensive Samick sage recurve to take there so I could learn. I had a 28" draw and it drew 35#.

It was a good thing I brought that bow..I was shooting an ACS 53#@28" and when Rick was done with me my draw length grew to 30.5"...yes 2.5" more. I wasn't getting back tension and that was the first thing he fixed....then we had to refletch an arrow so I could do the form properly.

So I watched him shoot and then I shot and he tuned that little bow.....not gadgets - no crazy weight system and bareshafting or papertuning just put a rest and a plate and a tie on nock point and we were off. He fine tuned the nock point and changed the rest to get it to shoot where i was looking..about 40 bucks worth of tuning stuff i s all he has IF THAT and he jst grabbed some velcro and a piece of leather and some carpet tape and I was set...WOW easy.

So then I went back on the 3D course again and he shot and I shot....then he videod in the afternoon....I went from 7.8 per target to 8.9 in one day basically.

DON'T PUT THIS OFF...PHONE HIM and GO..PERIOD.....you will never spend better money on archery period.

Jer
Back to top Go down

My experience at Ricks Shooting School - may 25-26th 2011
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: ACCURACY FACTORY GRADUATES-
Jump to: