RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cock feather question?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
markshaw1127

cock feather question? Empty
PostSubject: cock feather question?   cock feather question? I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2012, 7:54 pm

cock feather question. if i turn the cock feather straight out i can better touch my nose. but, it doesn't seem to clear the rest as well as it would if i turned it up or down from straight out a bit. but, if i turn it to where it clears well then i have trouble finding it w/ my nose. help?
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: cock feather question?   cock feather question? I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 2:24 pm

If your arrow cock feather out is not clearing your shelf (assuming you are shooting off the shelf) then I would think there is another issue.. Maybe arrow spine..
Back to top Go down
markshaw1127

PostSubject: Re: cock feather question?   cock feather question? I_icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 8:08 pm

ok, sorry, i meant the inside feather. obviously the outer feather isn't hitting anything. w/ the outer feather straight out the, next feather counterclockwise is hitting directly on the shelf (dfc). if i turn the arrow on the nock i can make the inside feather go right @ the corner of the shelf cutout/riser and have better feather clearance. but, then i can't touch the outer one w/ my nose. do i make sense now?
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: cock feather question?   cock feather question? I_icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm

your feather should mostly clear the shelf anyway. your feather should lay down as it is clearing the shelf.

Are you shooting feathers or vanes? Is it causing bad flight?

I shoot with my cock feather out with no issue.

you might try PM'ing Dave and maybe he can help.
Back to top Go down
markshaw1127

PostSubject: Re: cock feather question?   cock feather question? I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012, 9:41 am

ok thanks. no, i haven't noticed bad arrow flight. but, it does seen to be easier on my calf hair rest and feathers to turn it a bit for better clearance. but, like i said, like this i can't touch the feather to my nose for rick's second ancor point. and yes i shoot feathers. i've got all of rick's dvd's and haven't heard him say how he turns the arrow/nock for feather clearace. guess that's why i need to go to his class
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: cock feather question?   cock feather question? I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012, 9:46 am

you could call him.. Rick's # is 501-821-3791
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cock feather question?   cock feather question? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cock feather question?
Page 1 of 1