RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yota4me

Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots? Empty
PostSubject: Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots?   Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots? I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 9:35 am

As we stalk to our tree stand, blind or scout to locate a hot spot. We want to do so silently without leaving our human scent in the area. I wear Rocky "Scent Free" rubber boots and the problem I have with them is that they are heavy, I get tired when I have a ways to go. Thick soles so I can't feel what might be underneath them and being rubber they are far from quiet.

Scent control is so important when hunting I don't want to sacrifice it just for comfort, but it would sure be great to have an alternative.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited by Yota4me on Sat 28 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots?   Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots? I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
archer38

PostSubject: Re: Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots?   Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots? I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 2:22 pm

Two things here, One; I won a pair of Superlite Boots at an archery shoot this spring. They are still rubber boots (thick sole) but WOW are they lite and reasonably quiet !! www.Superliteboot.com
Two; I also have a pair of good moccasins that I will occasionally wear out into the bush. They aren't 100% waterproof like my Superlites but they are quiet,comfy and lite and you can feel whats underfoot pretty well. I should point out they are muclucs, not actually moccasins (they come up to mid calf) but this would be a good alternative if you know where to find good quality leather work or native crafts. I've had mine for a few years now and they are still in great shape so they are well worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Yota4me

PostSubject: Re: Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots?   Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots? I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

Thanks guys. Dave I tried the link for Elimitrax and their link wouldn't open. Also tried calling their 1-800 number and it wouldn't go through. Sounds like a terrific product except for the noise noted in the reviews of it. I love my old Danner Pronghorn boots which have never let me down but they fail in the For stillhunting & stalking I wear heavy wool socks and water shoes (like you walk in the beach with) and I can feel whatever is under my feet. I just want to be able to get to the stand or wherever I want to hunt without leaving my own scent everywhere I've walked.

With my rubber boots I wash them inside and out in baking soda and don't touch them with my bare hands when I put them on after I leave my 4Runner. Sounds like Elimitrax will be what will work best if I could just get a hold of them. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots?   Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent scentless alternative to rubber boots?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: BOWHUNTING-
Jump to: