RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bowstring contacts my cheek

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
levernut

Bowstring contacts my cheek Empty
PostSubject: Bowstring contacts my cheek   Bowstring contacts my cheek I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

Rick,
I have been practicing your anchor method based on one of your video's. I place the knuckle closest to my thumbnail against my earlobe and the back of the cock feather to the tip of my nose. The problem is that the bowstring scrapes my cheek upon release. I am getting gunshy quickly. If I use an arrow with the cock feather mounted closer to the nock, I don't have to place my face so close to the string but my nose can only contact the side of the cock feather and my draw length isn't as precise. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
catisbell

PostSubject: Re: Bowstring contacts my cheek   Bowstring contacts my cheek I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 10:21 am

I am experiencing the same issue and to the point that my cheek starts to bleed. Rick noticed that it appears that my tab is "slapping" the side of my face and when shooting a lot of arrows it rubs my cheek raw. As a result I am switching back to a glove (the Dura Glove).
Back to top Go down
archer38

PostSubject: Re: Bowstring contacts my cheek   Bowstring contacts my cheek I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 10:35 pm

I have a similar problem. Mine is the tip of my nose. It seems like the string or the nock point on the string catches the tip of my nose quite often. Not by much, but after a while it starts to wear on you. I've come in a few times bleeding from it also. I can turn my head slightly to avoid this but it just isn't as comfortable at full draw. Am I just being lazy here ? What to do ???
Back to top Go down
catisbell

PostSubject: Re: Bowstring contacts my cheek   Bowstring contacts my cheek I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 11:28 am

catisbell wrote:
I am experiencing the same issue and to the point that my cheek starts to bleed. Rick noticed that it appears that my tab is "slapping" the side of my face and when shooting a lot of arrows it rubs my cheek raw. As a result I am switching back to a glove (the Dura Glove).

I have started shooting with my glove and found that I am still hitting my cheek. After a lot of arrows and blood, I have came to the conclusion that when I turn my head to where my nose touches the feather, my "chubby" cheeks are in the way and the string is hitting them.

One change I made is to use the end of my thumb not the knuckle as an anchor and that helped, but still hitting my cheek. And as a result my shots moved left a little ( I am right-handed), but just re-tuned a little.

As my cheek gets raw and bleeding, it swells a little causing the string to hit it more and I get jumppy and move my head to get out of the way pulling the shot.

Any suggestions on how to alter my anchor to avoid this?
Back to top Go down
AnthonyI

PostSubject: Re: Bowstring contacts my cheek   Bowstring contacts my cheek I_icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 5:11 am

Ditto, my cheek gets pretty bloody (used too). I've actually cut a little grove into my face, small scare. Doesn't bother me but i'd imagine most may not want to do this. I had been moving my anchor point around a bit to remedy it but that only moved the abrasion up on the bridge of my nose. I got my anchor way up, right under my eye but this made my sight picture very blurry. So I think I have now settled on a happy medium. my anchor is a little higher then what Rick showed me. I can't speak for Rick but i'd imagine he'd agree. We all have different
body mechanics so you kinda gotta fart around with it...work with what ya mama and daddy gave you. I have a long face and nose so moving my anchor up actually improved my
shot, go figure. I still have a little scare, but that's all good, shows my dedication to traditional archery, ha! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowstring contacts my cheek   Bowstring contacts my cheek I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bowstring contacts my cheek
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: "HEY RICK!"-
Jump to: