RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shooting with glasses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cjohnsjf

Shooting with glasses Empty
PostSubject: Shooting with glasses   Shooting with glasses I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 8:50 pm

I have Rick's last two DVD's.

I have switched to a double anchor , but am having problems with the string hitting my glasses. I shoot left handed with 3" rt. wing shields and draw to ear lobe and them touch nose to feather. I have adjusted knock but can not seen to clear my glasses.

Can someone who wears glasses and has taken Rick's class please comment how you worked around this.

Really like his shooting sytle, has improved my shooting , but need to work on anchor.
Back to top Go down
graybo

PostSubject: Same problem   Shooting with glasses I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 7:01 am

I have the same trouble. I have to shoot with my glasses off. This will not work as my eyes get worse. I would like [not] to buy new glasses that don't stick out so far. I would also like to hear from someone who has worked through this.
Back to top Go down
ddbarnhizer

PostSubject: Re: Shooting with glasses   Shooting with glasses I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:33 am

graybo wrote:
I have the same trouble. I have to shoot with my glasses off. This will not work as my eyes get worse. I would like [not] to buy new glasses that don't stick out so far. I would also like to hear from someone who has worked through this.

Maybe move the cock feather forward and twist it up a little more? I shoot with glasses all the time -- half the time with big prescription safety glasses that look like they came straight out of the 70s. Remember those, where the idea was that the lens should be big enough to cover your eyebrows? Occasionally if my form is off the frame will get in the way of my view of the target, but I haven't had the string hit my glasses yet.

Back to top Go down
ddbarnhizer

PostSubject: Re: Shooting with glasses   Shooting with glasses I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 12:37 pm

cjohnsjf wrote:
I have Rick's last two DVD's.

I have switched to a double anchor , but am having problems with the string hitting my glasses. I shoot left handed with 3" rt. wing shields and draw to ear lobe and them touch nose to feather. I have adjusted knock but can not seen to clear my glasses.

Can someone who wears glasses and has taken Rick's class please comment how you worked around this.

Also, for other reasons, Rick had me move my anchor point down slightly to the corner where my ear met my jaw, rather than on the earlobe. This might pull the string off your glasses slightly.

Back to top Go down
FredWalker

PostSubject: Re: Shooting with glasses   Shooting with glasses I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 11:09 am

Check the shape of your glasses. Many of them really stick out the side of your head. Mine do and there is no way to have the string get by.
The frame needs to be smaller for me more close to my head and the string can get past.

Failing that get a blindfold and teach yourself to listen and shoot like the blind. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://HBKMartialarts.com
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Shooting with glasses   Shooting with glasses I_icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 8:11 am

I shoot w/ & w/ out glasses. I have no problem w/ glasses. It may be the design of the frame.
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting with glasses   Shooting with glasses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting with glasses
Page 1 of 1