RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broadheads and arrows

Go down 
+4
Dave Mullins
Gurn
ddbarnhizer
Conan 1883
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Conan 1883

Broadheads and arrows Empty
PostSubject: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:09 pm

Hunting season is just around the corner. What broadhead/shaft you shooting this year? I'm going with the 125 grain screw in Snuffer on a 3555 Gold Tip expedition hunter shaft. I know the field points are repeatedly killing my Glendel buck in the backyard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ddbarnhizer

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:27 am

I've switched to 125gr magnus 2-blade screwins. I like the simple tough blades on both zwickey and magnus and they don't cost an arm and a leg. I realize single bevel would give me better penetration, but I have enough trouble sharpening basic blades.
Back to top Go down
Gurn

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:18 pm

I will most likely be using a glue on Zwickey No Mercy with a 75gr steel adapter on top of a Trad Only 400 shaft.
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 11:28 pm

Simmons land Shark 100 grain screw on for me.
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
John Carter

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 4:36 am

I've shot carbon express 150's for the last couple of years,plus I still shoot Goldtip 3555's now an then as I've been shooting them for about 12 years and still like them a lot although I'm slowly phasing them out in favour of the CE's.
I've tried a few different broadheads over the years but I keep returning to the old Bear Razors as their very easy to get real sharp and they were of course Freds broadhead back in the day.
I'm going to buy some 220g Muzzy phantoms soon,an give them a run as I'm starting to lean more toward big heads.
I lost a deer earlier this year,there were a few reasons for that,all my fault,the next ones gonna get hit with an axe.
Back to top Go down
bruce martin

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 9:02 pm

Zwicky eskimo 125 gr 2 blade on a 75 grain steel adapter., on Gold Tip 3555 xhunter with standard insert.

This set up bare shafts perfectly from my Dakota 45 lb recurve and with 3 4 inch fletches it is whisper quiet.

Easy to get scary sharp and they are tough heads. Probably will use the same head on 100 or 125 gr steel adapter for 55 lb Dacota but need to shorten the GT 3555 to get them to bare shaft decent. Although Rick does not bare shaft tune I still like to do it and put some weight forward. I am not a fan of extreme FOC but 20% or so ain't bad as long as the arrow is flying perfectly straight.
Back to top Go down
archer38

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 7:37 pm

I just recently found the right arrows. I'm shooting Red Head Carbon Maxx 2000 shafts with a 145 grain Bear Razor Head and 4 inch feathers.
This combo seems to fly very well from my X-200 Martin and for small game I use a 125 grain field tip with a home made judo made from a modified washer I thread the field tip through the washer/judo point. Works great and flies true !
Back to top Go down
griz

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 1:59 pm

For me my pro hunter likes axis 340s with 150 stinger hard hitting setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broadheads and arrows   Broadheads and arrows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broadheads and arrows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?-
Jump to: