RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fletching jig / clamp combos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ddbarnhizer

Fletching jig / clamp combos Empty
PostSubject: Fletching jig / clamp combos   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 11:10 am

I'm going nuts trying to get my fletching to mimic the arrow Rick fletched for me at the school. I have a bitz jig (a right jig) and a left-wing clamp. No matter how I adjust it, I cannot get a good helical on my fletching to put the tip of the cock feather on my nose. To get even close on carbon arrows the clamp angle is so extreme that only the right hand side of the feather is glued to my arrow shaft. Do I need to switch to a left jig, an entirely different jig, a different brand of clamp, or something else entirely?
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

PostSubject: Re: Fletching jig / clamp combos   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 10:42 pm

Dan
Get a martin jig with left wing clamp the whole jig cost less than a bitz clamp. The bitz puts to much helical on the feather, remerber how I showed you to make sure the front of the inside feathers are turned the way I showed you.call me if you need to.
RICK
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com
ddbarnhizer

PostSubject: Re: Fletching jig / clamp combos   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 2:29 pm

Ok, that's just way too easy.
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

PostSubject: Re: Fletching jig / clamp combos   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 4:10 pm

Better yet just buy the martin clamp and use it on the bitz jig. that is the cheapes thing to do.
Rick
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com
Flyinokra

PostSubject: Right wing or Left?   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 10:35 am

This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. Which helical does a right handed shooter shoot? Does it matter which way the feathers are made?
Back to top Go down
ddbarnhizer

PostSubject: Re: Fletching jig / clamp combos   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 4:25 pm

A right handed shooter can shoot right or left wing fletching (RW / LW in the catalogs, respectively). You have to match your fletching jig to the handedness of your feather -- on a bitz jig that means buying the right index knob and a LW clamp if you want to fletch left wing feathers or a RW clamp if you want to fletch right wing feathers.

Neither one affects how you shoot, although Rick's system uses feather for a second anchor point, which means that the cock feather is straight down and the two hen feathers are at 120degree angles from it. You put your nose to the tip of the hen feather sticking out from the bow after you've set your first anchor. You can't do this with RW fletching, so I had to switch my fletching set up over to LW.
Back to top Go down
wayne nicol

PostSubject: Re: Fletching jig / clamp combos   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 12:59 am

SORRY, WHAT DO YOU MEAN "THE COCK FEATHER IS STRAIGHT DOWN- its on the bottom face of the arrow that contacts with the shelf???- not the traditional way where it is kinda 90 degrees to the strike plate.
can anyone take a picture- my e mail is mwnicol@qcislands.net
thanks
wayne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletching jig / clamp combos   Fletching jig / clamp combos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fletching jig / clamp combos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: "HEY RICK!"-
Jump to: