RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kettlebells and renegade rows - back exercise

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ddbarnhizer

Kettlebells and renegade rows - back exercise Empty
PostSubject: Kettlebells and renegade rows - back exercise   Kettlebells and renegade rows - back exercise I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 9:54 am

Ok, it was only a 6 pointer, but I will never forget the cold Nov. afternoon in which I stood motionless in my stand for 3 full hours with my shoulders slightly hunched against the chill and rain. A nice 6 point walked in and stood and began browsing unconcernedly in the middle of my shooting lane. I was using a compound bow at the time and started to draw back. My muscles were so weak from being in one position for 3 hours that I could not pull the 60 lbs. The buck even stayed right where he was while I did the weak archer's dance and tried to pull the bow pointed down, pointed up, leaning my bow arm elbow against the tree, etc. When I finally got the bow drawn, the buck casually sauntered out of my shooting lane and out of sight forever.

Since then I've worked my back muscles extra hard on the weights before bow season but have never found anything that precisely replicates the muscles used in the draw. Those rubber hose things come close but don't feel right and seem too easy anyway. But I just started doing kettlebell workouts (think of cannonballs with a single handle) and have been working on renegade rows (e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggaj8hB0BUY). You can do these with dumbbells too. The row only goes to the shoulder, not to the nock point on your face, but the back tension feels similar to archery.

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down

Kettlebells and renegade rows - back exercise
Page 1 of 1