RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie looking for suggestions.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emac

Newbie looking for suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Newbie looking for suggestions.   Newbie looking for suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 12:59 pm

Hey all,

I'm a newbie to traditional archery. I was able to get my first bow. It's older, but the limbs are straight and everything seems OK with it. I need help getting arrows and set up. I've read a few books on it and been reading the forums but I'm still having a little trouble figuring everything out.

My bow is a Shakespeare 58" AMO 45# @ 28". My wife helped me measure an arrow and at full draw it measures 28 3/4". That was measured right at the edge of the bow.

I also know bareshaft tuning seems to be the best but I don't own any of the fletching jigs or any other stuff to cut them with. The one local archery shop was less than helpful because it's a traditional bow and they're a compound-only shop. I am going to be getting Rick's video soon.

My primary use for this is bowhunting. I'll eventually be getting a newer and better bow and may switch to carbons later, but for this setup I need to stay with the more affordable aluminum arrows.

So with all that said here are my two questions:

Based on my (very limited) understanding of all this I should order something like a 2016 in aluminum Easton, right?

Can I order them to a certain length (1" longer than draw length) to get started and fine-tune everything eventually when I get my anchor and release, etc., down?

Thanks,

Eric
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

Newbie looking for suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for suggestions.   Newbie looking for suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 10:32 pm

Eric
I send you a pm if you don't it, I put it here to give me a call (501) 821-3791 I will help you get started.
Rick Welch
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com

Newbie looking for suggestions.
Page 1 of 1