RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weight used for whitetails

Go down 
+5
magicman
rainmaker
BOHO
cjohnsjf
bluegrass
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegrass

Weight used for whitetails Empty
PostSubject: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:41 pm

I am interested in what weight of bow people on the forum use for whitetails?
What does Rick use?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
cjohnsjf

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 5:08 pm

50# recurve, two blade zwickey......complete pass through
Back to top Go down
BOHO

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 8:47 pm

well I dont have the experience that most do but I'm gonna shoot 47 or so pounds at my draw length. Reason being is I'm gonna shoot carbon arrows and they are gonna weigh around 450-475 grains or so. I wanna stay around 9 or 10 grains per pound of arrow weight.
Back to top Go down
rainmaker

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 11:29 am

48# @ 28. All my bows are in this range. My next custom bow I order will be 43# and at my draw 29.5 should put me at 45-46#. I would not hesitate to hunt whitetail with this setup. Sharp Broadhead and put it where your lookin, no problems.
Back to top Go down
magicman

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 11:46 pm

my bow range from 42-55# I wouldnt hesitate to hunt with any of them.
Back to top Go down
John Carter

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 7:35 am

Only ever shot one Whitetail,their not a common spieces here and their difficult to access as well.
But I got an offer I couldn't refuse last year, and got lucky with my 50lb recurve.
After the shot I felt like I could of shot her with a 30lb bow,,she just didn't slow that arrow down at all really.
530g Carbon express,125g green Fred Bear Razorhead,3x4" fluro yellow feathers.
Shot distance of 15 yards,travel after hit, 30 yards .
Back to top Go down
archer38

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

I'm shooting a 40# recurve over drawn 2.5 inches to about 46#.32 inch carbon maxx arrows tipped with 145 grain Bear Razorheads for a total arrow weight of about 460-470 grains. Haven't shot big game with it yet but I plan on using it for both deer and bear this fall. Our regulations call for no less than 40# @ 26 inches for deer and bear so I figure if the law is ok with it so am I.

Last edited by archer38 on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
griz

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 6:39 am

53# pro hunter
Back to top Go down
Yota4me

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 11:57 am

53 pounds at my draw length and I shoot carbon arrows. It works everytime that I do my part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight used for whitetails   Weight used for whitetails I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight used for whitetails
Page 1 of 1