RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

getting into this

Go down 
AuthorMessage
timtiminy

getting into this Empty
PostSubject: getting into this   getting into this I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:22 pm

Hey guys I have shot archery for a while, starting off when I was about 11, I have always shot with sights and then decided one day that I would just take the sights off my bow and start shooting without them. I figured that it would take some time to get used to but shouldn't be much more different than figuring out how to throw a ball, and the more you do it the better you become. I would love to learn some techniques to aid in my advancement with shooting instinctively. I feel that I have good form but intend on buying a cricket clicker to help with draw consistency. So far the techniques ive been using are to start close to the target and focus on the smallest point of the target and anchor my draw at the same point every time. shoot until I feel comfortable at that distance and work my way back further and further. So far this has worked out pretty well and I can even shoot different length arrows with decent results. I am currently shooting a takedown recurve that is about 35# and shooting arrows with rubber vanes, which i notice gives me inconsistencies. i plan on getting some feather vanes asap. I also am looking into getting a longbow which i think will really push me to start shooting even more since Im shooting gear that im not too comfortable with.
Back to top Go down

getting into this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: MEET & GREET-
Jump to: