RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feather For Anchor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lpr3

Feather For  Anchor Empty
PostSubject: Feather For Anchor   Feather For  Anchor I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 5:58 pm

First off I have my dates set for the school in October and can’t wait. I currently can’t use the back of the feather on my nose for an anchor point. I would have to re-fletch my arrows because I am losing a good bit of my draw to make it with where my feathers are now. Might change when I get my “left” clamp for my jig and re-fletch correctly. But what I am doing now is pretty comfortable. What I have been doing is pulling back to where my thumb knuckle joint hits the back of my jaw right by the earlobe. I also have a cheekbone to the very first knuckle of my index finger, the knuckle that would hit a bag when you punch it. As a third point of reference I have been placing my nose on the top of the feather and basically the back of the feather is about touching my upper lip. This is very comfortable to me but there is a problem. I find that if I turn my head just a little too far it puts my nose in the way of the string and two things tend to happen. One is that I hit my nose on the shot and two is that the shot tends to go left. My question is if it works then great but would I be better off re-fletching all my arrows as soon as I can get my hand on a left hand jig or will this hold work bearing I keep my nose out of harm’s way? When everything is in line and I manage to hold long enough my shots end up good. I currently think that my problem is the alignment of my head in reference to my arrow. I am sure with more practice I will get my head aligned more consistently but if it is easier to accomplish that with the back of the feather then I will change it to that. In my mind even with the back of the feather I will still have to align my head right... Well any advice would be more than welcomed.
Back to top Go down
clayton

PostSubject: Re: Feather For Anchor   Feather For  Anchor I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 8:06 pm

I too have a problem because I can't touch the fletching to my nose. What I have done instead is to use the bowstring against my forehead as an anchor point. The downside to this being that I can't really cant the bow at an angle and keep the same anchors. So I guess my question in conjunction with yours would be what other suitable anchors are there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mesavemoney.com
lpr3

PostSubject: Re: Feather For Anchor   Feather For  Anchor I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:48 pm

I may have figured out the problem.. At least with the string hitting my nose.. I broke my shooting hand thumb twice. Therefore the first knuckle closets to my hand sticks out a bit more than it should. So when I use the second knuckle on the thumb to the earlobe it is out further which I think is causing me to turn my head in a bit to get over the arrow. I have been trying to just use that first broken knuckle instead of the second one and I am not getting the nose hit. Hope that made sense... it does to me but I can visualize it. As for the feather on the nose.. will I have been trying it even though it seems like it is shortening my draw length.. It appears to be working so I might just stick with the short draw length. I will say its going to be nice to get this straight once I get to the class.. just have to wait two months for that though.. will be counting down the days for sure...
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Feather For Anchor   Feather For  Anchor I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep 2010, 7:38 pm

If you need to refletch to get the feather to your nose then I would do it.. Left wing makes it a lot easier if you are a right handed shooter. At least it helped me.

You can't go wrong going to Rick's class..keep an open mind and good things will happen..
Back to top Go down
lpr3

PostSubject: Re: Feather For Anchor   Feather For  Anchor I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:39 am

Thank you for the advice. I went ahead and did just that and it seems to help. I am learning right now that there are a bunch of little things that make big differences...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feather For Anchor   Feather For  Anchor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feather For Anchor
Page 1 of 1