RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Dakota..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snide

snide

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:24 pm

Well, I went Bunny hunting the other day and decided to pack along the Dakota Pro Recurve I recently acquired. I went with a friend who had beagles, it was very fast action and I slung a few arrows but unfortunately none hit their mark. The shotgunner's did allow me first shot, and they wasted NO time with their back-up shot..lol Very Happy

The rabbits were sitting tight and with a light snow the dogs seemed to be having trouble with 'em, all in all the shotgunner's harvested four rabbits and I went 0-4 on running shots. So I spent most of the day stump shooting, a friend snapped a few pics and e-mailed them to me today, he thought I was crazy bringing a "stick bow" but he said with a couple just near misses I gained his respect.. Very Happy

We are going again next weekend... Wink

POST EDIT: Can't seem to get the picture to post no matter how small I go, stuck one of 'em up as my avatar..I figure out the problem I'll get the others up...Thanks for looking!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wpkennels.com
Lil" Okie

Lil

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 9:02 am

Looks good..when ya going to see Rick?
Back to top Go down
snide

snide

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 10:41 am

Thanks Okie, I'm gonna see him in January or February at the latest....Looking forward to it, hopefully I'm a bit better adapted to the new style/form by then...

Also if anyone knows what the recommended brace higth is on a Dakota Pro Recurve, I'd love to hear it....can't find that on Rick's Dakota site anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 10:49 am

It seems like Rick told me around 8" on the 62" bow I have coming
Back to top Go down
snide

snide

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 11:06 am

I have been playing with mine trying to tune it just right...Still getting some flyer's but it's more than likely operator error...lol

Still trying to get a picture or two posted...wow what a headache! Still won't post even though my pics are well under 20Kb..

EEEERRRRRR....Anyways, thanks for the replies Okie Very Happy
Attachments
My Dakota.. Download?action=showthumb&id=4Dakota Pro.jpg
(18 Kb) Downloaded 290 times
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 11:08 am

Hopefully mine will be here in the next couple of weeks.. It is dragging along..LOL
Back to top Go down
REM

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 12:14 pm

Rick told me the brace height is 8 1/2". I will be getting my new Dakota soon, Rick was glueing the limbs yesterday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 12:22 pm

REM wrote:
Rick told me the brace height is 8 1/2". I will be getting my new Dakota soon, Rick was glueing the limbs yesterday. Very Happy
Rem what length is your bow? I was thinking Rick told me 8 " on a 62 and 8.5 on a 64. I could be mistaken

I could be mistaken. When I talked to him last week mine was in the glue up stage also. Our's must be in the same batch.

What are you getting and what woods did you choose?

Mine is a recurve..62" 50 @ 27..all bocote
Back to top Go down
REM

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 12:26 pm

Mine will be a 64" recurve. Cocobola riser with curly maple limbs.
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 12:33 pm

REM wrote:
Mine will be a 64" recurve. Cocobola riser with curley maple limbs.

It will be a beauty for sure.. I a couple of bows with cocobola risers and they are nice.
I like the bobote rick uses also.

I can see another bow or 2 of his in the future for sure..LOL

Be sure and post pics of yours when you get it. I almost picked the wood como you did and I would love to see it...
Back to top Go down
snide

snide

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 10:50 am

Well you guys be sure to post pics if ya can, I'm still uncertain what woods I wanna go with when I order mine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Dakota.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dakota..   My Dakota.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dakota..
Page 1 of 1