RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FIrst crack at your method today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jerbearyukon

FIrst crack at your method today Empty
PostSubject: FIrst crack at your method today   FIrst crack at your method today I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 8:01 pm

Just learning from your videos....so here it goes.

With all that has been going on lately I decided to shoot some arrows today, but where..hmm

Well I am not supposed to bring my bow to the college but I decided to take it to one of the shops that isn't really connected to the college. Real bad at taking orders but this gives me a max distances of 12 meters indoors.

Didn't matter too much cause the plan was I was going to shoot short anyway just to get it down.

Didn't realize until I tried it that I realized how fast I usually shoot/release - what a wakeup call.

Anyway:

I set up the video camera and started. The play back surprised me at how little my fingers actually moved and my bow arm was fairly still. Now my elbow isn't near as high as most ppls but it's where it just naturally goes.

So I set up:

1 - Bow between my legs (rest the bow arm) even my finger tips and put fingers on the strings pointing shoulder at target and feet relaxed and shoulder width apart.
2 - Take a deep breath and then let it out slowly.
3 - Inhale and hold your breath and draw bow
4 - draw hand thumb knuckle on my ear lobe (this sure felt wierd for the first few shots cause you have to draw away from your face).
5 - Tip your nose to the feather
6 - steady your bow arm
7 - unconsious release
8 - let breath out
9 - relax it's over

Took a bit but I got the hang of it after a few shots.

I do lean into my shot alot though.

here's a vid of my very first shot.

https://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg163/jerbearyukon/?action=view¤t=MVI_7789.mp4

here's a shot from behind - can't belive i bend that much - oh well the shot was pretty good actually

https://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg163/jerbearyukon/?action=view¤t=MVI_7795.mp4

here's a grouping (I know you don't like us shooting groups though)

first one:

FIrst crack at your method today IMG_7796

second one:

FIrst crack at your method today IMG_7800

then I shot some spot ones ok

first one:

FIrst crack at your method today IMG_7798

second one:

FIrst crack at your method today IMG_7799

Had a blast. Something I didn't realize was how much I lean over when I shoot.....do I need to fix this too.

Comments welcome.

Back to top Go down

FIrst crack at your method today
Page 1 of 1