RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IT ALL CAME TOGETHER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
archer38

IT ALL CAME TOGETHER Empty
PostSubject: IT ALL CAME TOGETHER   IT ALL CAME TOGETHER I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 4:56 pm

So this past spring, I was given an old recurve bow. I started shooting it and after much research and trial and error, and finding every thing I can from Rick Welch, I was shooting pretty good. I made myself a goal. I was going to take a black bear with my old recurve. I practiced all spring and summer, had a really hot bait going with 5 or 6 different bears hitting it. All I had to do now is slip in undetected, be patient and wait for my opportunity, and make one good kill shot.
On the opening evening of bear season, I had a small bear in front of me about 30 minutes after sitting down. I drew on him 3 times just for practice but after about 15 minutes he decided to walk away and I let him. About 40 minutes later, I hear something running my way. All of a sudden a rabbit ran through the clearing and past the bait like his tail was on fire ! I wondered what had spooked him so badly. And then it all made sense. On my right, a nice 250 pound bear stepped into the clearing about 10 or 12 yards in front of me. I FROZE !!!
I had a bucket of grease at about 15 yards and the barrel at about 20 from my stand. He went for the grease first but was pretty cautious lifting his head every couple slurps to look around and check the wind. He looked right at ma a couple times, but I must have been camo'ed well enough as he didn't seem to be concerned. After a good long guzzling of grease, he turned to go to the barrel. This is my window. As he turned away from me, I stood and raised the bow....waiting for him to present a shot. He sat and sniffed at the rim of the barrel for a bit the turned to the left at about 45 degrees but his front leg was still in the way. "Just one step...thats all I need !"
As he finally lifted his front leg to take a step, I drew back, anchored focused on one small spot and released an almost perfect shot.
The arrow entered mid ribs on his left side and exited just underhis right front leg actually piercing the front of the leg. He only ran about 60 yards and piled up in the leaves. "Face down dirt nap !"
I've had some very exciting hunts in the past 25 years but this one will be pretty hard to top !!
Back to top Go down

IT ALL CAME TOGETHER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: BOWHUNTING-
Jump to: