RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nose getting getting in the way

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ArrowCrazy

Nose getting getting in the way Empty
PostSubject: Nose getting getting in the way   Nose getting getting in the way I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Feb 2013, 7:32 pm

Hey Rick,

I finished your AF Vol. # 3 and made some changes in my primary anchor, secondary anchor (nose to fletch) and to a neutral stance with my shoulder pointing at the target. After making these changes my shot has improved and is much more consistent but my nose is getting torn up! I started to react to the fear of getting slapped in the nose and my accuracy is slipping.

Are there other secondary anchors that can be used or could it be a form issue?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
archer38

Nose getting getting in the way Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose getting getting in the way   Nose getting getting in the way I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 9:41 pm

Sorry, not Rick here, but I had the same problem !! After watching the videos and practicing the secondary anchor, the tip of my nose was bleeding. I actually had to take a couple weeks off from shooting to heel up ! I found that I could still use this anchor as long as I conciously turn my head toward the target. Not sure if this helps but for me, .....well i was just being a bit lazy about my form. Turning my eyes and not my head. I now force myself to point my nose more toward the target instead of just turning my eyes. I still occasionally get a light tap on the nose but its usually near the end of a shooting session and it reminds me that I'm getting lazy again ! Hope this helps !

Norm
Back to top Go down

Nose getting getting in the way
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM :: "HEY RICK!"-
Jump to: