RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Southern California!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kayakfisher

kayakfisher

Hello from Southern California! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 5:39 pm

Hello from Southern California! I am a complete newbie to archery and decided to take up the sport early this year. I purchased some books and DVDs and am learning a lot lurking on the Trad Gang forum. At the beginning of April, I ordered a 50# Dakota Pro Hunter Longbow in Bacote and expect to receive it next month. I can't wait. Meanwhile I picked up a target and some other stuff to get me going when the bow arrives. I asked Rick to supply me with some Gold Tip carbon arrows to get me started and plan to go through all the recommended steps to tune my bow and arrows for proper flight and accuracy and then concentrate on developing my form. Anyway, hello again!

Steve
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 10:33 pm

Welcome, very glad to have you. Anyhow, this is a view of my Dakota pro Hunter Longbow in all Bocote. I thought I'd give you something to look forward to. We're glad to have you, friend.- Dave Mullins.

Hello from Southern California! DSC02193
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
kayakfisher

kayakfisher

PostSubject: Are you a lefty?   Hello from Southern California! I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 12:48 am

Nice looking bow! I can't wait. Dave, are you a lefty also?
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 8:44 pm

Yes I'm a lefty.
Back to top Go down
Green-Shanks

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 1:06 am

Steve and Dave,

I am Barry Green-Burns and am a lefty also. I am representing archery like Tom Watson represents golf(us old guys). I teach At a small University in Alabama and have custody of my 6 year old son and have a yearold Boxer, who is really in charge. Yes, I am old! I wil be 63 in March. I still lift weights, run and do my ski machine. I used to shoot long range rifles and pistols(finished in the middle of the pack last year in a Bullseye practice round with the Army Marksmanship Unit. I regularly win money by shooting aerial targets with my Sith & Wesson J frame. My Great Grandfather was in the 3rd North Carolina Cavalry. He had my grandfather when he was 80 and my grandfather did not get married until he was 53. Anyway, last October, I caught a disease. ARCHERY!! I started with a 50 lb. Impala and soon had to get a longbow. I got a 50 lb Sequoia. Now I have a 55 lb. Tomahawk diamond SS, a 50 lb. Howard Hill Wesley Special, a 50 lb. Howard Hill Sirocco(just ordered), and a Martin x-200. I shoot by movement and instinct ans have switched to 3 under because of my admiration for Rick Welch. He relates to me like all of us "unreconstructed boys" from Dixie. I have an undergraduate degree, two masters's degress and a Ph.d., but nothing compares to the common sense of regular people like Mr. Welch. Every thing tha I have gleaned from him works!! I am hitting a quarter size spot at 25 yds 2 out of 3 times. At 35 yards I am a little wilder. I want to improve!!!!
In summary, I have learned more in Mr. Welch's videos than in a whell barrow full of books and the MMB series. While I did learn from the MMB series, I believe that they lead one to over think the goal at hand.

Bravo Mr. Welch
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 2:22 pm

Green'shanks welcome to our forum, we're very glad to have you. I'm glad you're so enthuiastic about your shooting, sounds like you have every reason to be. We wish everyone involved w/ the MBB series all the best of health & happiness & they did a good job with their project. However, Rick Welch is "THE MAN" when it comes to anything related to traditional archery. That's just the way it is, & it ain't braggin if ya can back it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Southern California!
Page 1 of 1