RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New dakota set up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Antoine

New dakota set up Empty
PostSubject: New dakota set up   New dakota set up I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 7:10 pm

I recently went to Ricks class and he suggested when I got home to shoot a 30 inch Axis 600 with a 165 grain head to shoot the Land Sharks 165gr. Well, I ordered some 600's and put the 160 grain head on them and they weigh 411 grains. The arrow I shot at the school was a Axis 340 with a 100 point head which weighed 419 grains. I also made a 30 inch Axis 400 with a 125 grain head that weighed 422 gains. This is how they shoot consistantly.

Axis 340 419gr with 100 grain head
inch
inch
x Target
inch
inch
Axis 400 422 gr with 125 grain head
inch
inch
inch
inch
inch
Axis 600 411gr with 165 grain head
The 600's shoot really low and seem to drop, the 400's fly the best and are about 2 inches low. ( I could low my nock point to adjust) The 340's fly well also but not as stable. What arrow and head would you consider. Tim Antoine "The Night Stalker"
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

New dakota set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New dakota set up   New dakota set up I_icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 1:09 pm

Hi, Tim
I am sending you a 35-55 gold-tip to shoot with the 165gr. It should be 420 grs. That what we should have done to start with. I was trying to get you the smaller diameter for better penetration.
RICK
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com

New dakota set up
Page 1 of 1