RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?

Go down 
+6
archer38
wayne nicol
snide
REM
magicman
Dave Mullins
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? Empty
PostSubject: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 10:16 am

Share your arrow setup with us, give us details. I shoot full length Goldtip Ultralight Pro 500's, 100 grains up front, 4 inch max right helical flo yellow feathers, wt is low to mid 400 grains. Same w/ Easton Axis 500's, I shoot them also. They all fly like lazers! Wink

http://shop.dakotabows.com/category.sc;jsessionid=5A35DE017B94F9A1AC05D8601ED50A29.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=9
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
magicman

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 11:51 pm

I really dig my carbon express thunderstorm se arrows. I shoot them full length(29"), 125gr up front. 3-4" right helical usually white feathers.
Back to top Go down
REM

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:35 am

Dave, How long are the GT 500 arrows from throat of nock to end of shaft?
Back to top Go down
snide

snide

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 5:56 pm

The inconsistency of wood shafts is forcing me to look at other options... However the in the past the 'ol standby for me has been Cedar shafts 65-70 pond spine weighed from 415 to 450. 125 grain field tip, 190 grain (step up in weight) Grizzly broadhead come deer season. If you buy quality wood from quality suppliers you can get them matched pretty close, but anymore I guess I'll just say the juice ain't worth the squeeze for the sake of saying, I still shoot wood shafts...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wpkennels.com
wayne nicol

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 9:03 pm

seems like most of you are fletching right, for those of you adopting ricks techniques, is this not cotrary to what he advocates( or are you lefties??) jus wonderin!!??
Back to top Go down
archer38

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

I think I finally found what I've been looking for in an arrow. I picked up some Red Head Carbon Maxx 2000 series shafts. Cut to 32 inches and 4 inch feathers. I like to practice primarily with what I'm gonna take into the woods with me so I add a 145 grain Bear Razor-head up front. This combination seems to fly perfectly for me. Not sure yet how they'll fly with target points. I only have 125 grain field tips. Will 20 grains make much difference ????
Back to top Go down
Caughtandhobble

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 12:52 pm

I shoot Gold Tip in many combinations, I listed them on the bow set up forum.

I shoot woodies from BountyHunter Custom Arrows, he not only spines per pound (I mean 63# not 60-65#) for me, he also weight matches them very well. And they are the best looking wood arrows that I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Barebowyer

PostSubject: HELICAL?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

I agree with the previous poster, "Wayne?" Are you guys left-handed because Rick suggests a left-wing helical for right handed shooters off of the shelf? Will someone please reply to this? DAVE-Shed some light on this for me please...........thanks
Back to top Go down
Rick S.

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012, 9:48 am

Tapered Douglas Fir shafting, 200 gr BH or 190 gr FP, 4" 4 fletch, 90x90, Bohning classic nocks, 11-12 gpp for hunting.
Back to top Go down
AnthonyI

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 11:42 pm

I'm left handed, I use Right wing, with a helical twist. That way it turns up into my nose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?   What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Is You Favorite Arrow Combination?
Page 1 of 1