RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bow String

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

Bow String Empty
PostSubject: Bow String   Bow String I_icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 11:01 am

What Do You use? I use the string Rick makes.

http://shop.dakotabows.com/product.sc?productId=23&categoryId=10
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
REM

Bow String Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow String   Bow String I_icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 3:41 pm

I make my own with either Fast Flight Plus or TS-1 Plus. When I use up my supply, I will get some Dynaflight 97.
Back to top Go down
bruce martin

Bow String Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow String   Bow String I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:08 pm

I like to make my own, flemish twist strings. Been shooting TS-1 strings and they are fine after they settle in, very quiet. Generally 10-12 strands. I like Rick's strings better 'cause the 8125 seems not to creep at all. They are quiet also. Just that 8125 is hard to find, although I think Lancaster archery sells it. Not sure of the strand count on Rick's strings, havent tried to untwist and count them.
Back to top Go down
bubinga

Bow String Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow String   Bow String I_icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 10:27 pm

Rick told me that his strings are 16 stand. I have found in he past that I prefer 10 to 12 strand, but will shoot the string Rick sends me with the bow and see what I think.
Back to top Go down
bruce martin

Bow String Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow String   Bow String I_icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 8:13 am

I have a 45 lb Dakota pro hunter and a 55 lb pro hunter. The 55 lb is shooting gold tip 35-55 shafts (the 'wood grain' shafts) cut to 29.5 inch
with a hard pad right where I look. These shafts are too stiff for the 45 lb bow, even with no side pad. Shooting the lighter gold tip hunter shafts (35-55 black shafts) with that bow but still shooting left with a light pad. Went to a 12 strand TS-1 string instead of the 8125 that came with the bow and it moved the arrow right about 4 inches at 25 or so yards. The lighter string helped move the arrow to the right, but I might have to shoot full length shafts to get them further right.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bow String Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow String   Bow String I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bow String
Page 1 of 1