RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reinhard

Image  from an arrow, fletched like Rick does Empty
PostSubject: Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does   Image  from an arrow, fletched like Rick does I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 9:42 am

Hi, i am from germany and just saw the last DVD from Rick last week. To try the second anchor point with the feather to the nose i would like to see a detail image how they are fletched. With my current one´s the nose is miles away from the feather.

I also would like to join one of rick´s class. "Hey Rick", when do you come to europe ?
Otherwise, maybe i can combine a visit to you with some bowhunting ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Reinhard
Back to top Go down
NanookoOdaNorth

PostSubject: Re: Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does   Image  from an arrow, fletched like Rick does I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010, 11:08 pm

I am curious about this as well, does feather length make a difference? Does a 5" feather provide a better second anchor than a 4" feather?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Clark
Back to top Go down
Reinhard

PostSubject: Re: Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does   Image  from an arrow, fletched like Rick does I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 12:45 am

Maybe the main problem for me is the split-finger draw. I am shooting longbow and in our championships/tournaments it is not allowed to do 3-under for longbows.

Reinhard
Back to top Go down
Reinhard

PostSubject: Re: Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does   Image  from an arrow, fletched like Rick does I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 1:28 am

I tried to put a shield-shaped-feather to a bare shaft with some rubber bands. So i can adjust this in every direction. To hit the nose as second reference point i found a position only with 3-under shooting. But from the rules i have to use split-fingers. I am wearing glasses too.

Maybe i can use an other second reference point ?

Reinhard
Back to top Go down
jerbearyukon

PostSubject: Re: Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does   Image  from an arrow, fletched like Rick does I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011, 10:10 pm

Well from what I got off the video he said to get someone to stand beside you when you draw...tilt your head and mark the arrow where the feather should be for fletching.

I think what would be good is to take an arrow and fletch it close to a tunable nock (this will waste a fletch but who cares for now).

Then draw tilt you head so you can touch the feather.....have someone mark it with a sharp felt pen.....then trim the feather and repeat until you have it perfect.....then you can mark the back of the feather on the jig and you do one to try....if it all works out then your set.

Does this make sense.

Jer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does   Image  from an arrow, fletched like Rick does I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Image from an arrow, fletched like Rick does
Page 1 of 1