RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Traditional Kill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
archer38

First Traditional Kill Empty
PostSubject: First Traditional Kill   First Traditional Kill I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 7:04 pm

So I got this Recurve around Christmas time and started shooting as soon as it wasn't bitterly cold out. Like March. I didn't have the right arrows but I shot them anyway. As you can imagine, I wasn't very accurate and I was a bit frustrated but I kept shooting and worked on my form and watched alot of Rick's and Dave's videos. So, I re-fletched a couple of the carbons that I use for my compound bow and started shooting with them. Still not the proper arrows but better. So, last week I went to Bass Pro Shop and after struggling through the calculations ..... found the proper arrow shafts for my recurve bow. I got them home and immediately bare shaft tested them. Not a perfect bare shaft test but not bad so I fletched a couple of them and shot them. They flew great and within an hour I was hittiing almost everything I aimed at. What a difference !!! Ok, I know this is getting long winded so I'll get to the point. Today I went for a walk with my bow and got my first kill with it. I would have never attempted to shoot squirrels with my compound bow for fear of losing arrows or leaving them stuck in trees or missing ALOT !! But with a couple home made judo points and my recurve... I was whackin'em and stackin'em !
Now I know it may seem a bit silly to go on like this about shooting squirrels. I mean , it's not like it was a deer or a hog or something, but I was pretty darn proud of myself to have shot well enough, after only limited practice, to kill something as small as a squirrel (3 squirrels to be exact) on my first time out.
Sorry if this sounds a little self serving but I just had to share my story with someone !
Happy hunting everyone !!!
Back to top Go down
Dave Mullins
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
FORUM CREATOR/ADMIN/MOD
Dave Mullins

PostSubject: Re: First Traditional Kill   First Traditional Kill I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2012, 7:41 pm

Hey, congrats & thanks for sharing that great story!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://theaccuracyfactory.forumotion.net
Barebowyer

PostSubject: That's excellent!!   First Traditional Kill I_icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 3:28 am

My first traditional kill was a squirrel also, years ago. My friend's father had a Martin Hunter recurve with cedar shafts laying on his back screen porch when I viewed the squirrel out back from the window, 60 yards out. I commented and his dad said, "I have been shooting at them damn squirrels for over a year and haven't hit one yet, you try!" So i did. A short stalk later and a perfectly placed cedar with blunt at 25 yds!! I amazed myself and had never shot his bow. I was about 19 years old at the time but I was proud too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Traditional Kill   First Traditional Kill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Traditional Kill
Page 1 of 1