RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
don batten

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 7:47 pm

Ok guys we need a big turn out at this, or I feel the IBO will not have it again. I know it's a long ways from most, (12 hrs+ for me, but I'm flying($138 bucks could'nt pass it up). Who's going? Got 3 other good shooters from NC going . Maybe the last chance you get to shoot against the Man. We are looking forward to haveing a great time and getting to meet Rick and if wer'er lucky, shoot in his group. Who else on here is going? lets make it a Dakota reunion. Don
Back to top Go down

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: IBO   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 1:30 pm

I will be heading to the IBO World Championships in Ellicottville again this year. I just could not make two similar trips in a row. Plus the trad worlds are during deer season for me. That week is the best chance we have at killing a bomber. I would have gone if it was at a different location and different time. I don't think it is fair to the wife and kids to bring them to two locations that are so close together and similar for summers vacation. I brought the wife to Myrtle Beach to keep her happy. I was shocked at the date and the location to be honest. They should have made a better effort to find a different time and location. Most guys are hunters, and the IBO Worlds are just across the border in NY.
Back to top Go down
Jim Boettcher

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 4:46 am

I'm considering going to the Trad Worlds as well. Only about a 4 hour drive for me. I've never shot at a big event like this, so I'm basically going for the experience. Is membership in the I.B.O. required to shoot? Thanks Jim
Back to top Go down
don batten

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 10:16 pm

Jim, no ibo membership or qualifier repuired for this shoot. Just show up and shot. check out ibo.net and click on "news" at the top of the page and find the shoot. pretty much gives a list of classes and times. hope to see ya there. Don
Back to top Go down
Jim Boettcher

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 9:01 am

Yeah, I'm definitly going. Hope I don't embarass myself too bad. Should be a great time. Jim
Back to top Go down
Don Baker

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 12:10 am

I will be there along with my wife-we're from Idaho.
Back to top Go down
don batten

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 8:14 pm

Getting close now guys. Were leaving out of raleigh at 930 am friday. I can't wait. Had a major set back last week. My Dakota recurve blew up while shooting it. I got a few more bows I can shoot, but was kinda looking forward to shooting old Raquel. No falult of ricks by the way. I know what caused this and lets just say, don't leave your bow strung up in a hot garage all day and then rush home and grab it and go out and shoot it. We all know better. I Know better even more now. Hope to meet some of you guys up there. I'll most likely be wearing a shirt with a Kanati bow quiver patch of some sort. Don
Back to top Go down
MOURNING WOOD

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Film Rick???   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 8:45 pm

I was really curious how the shoot went and I also was hoping someone filmed Rick's speech.If so could you post some or all of it, PLEASE!!My stupid computer went down so I couldn't get much info on the results.Thanks In Advance.ED
Back to top Go down
don batten

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 6:38 am

Here's a quick report of the shoot. By far the most organized event Ive been to. started on time , finished on time, no waiting on groups in front of you. turnout was light with about 200? + - . Lots of well know folks there. Rick, Rod Jenkins, Scott Az(dead on trad dvd guy) . Lots of venders, but I think it was more a shooters shoot than a buyers shoot. mens Recurve class had the most folks in it. I shot a 172 on sat and 187 on sunday. moved from 10th to 8th overall . Of the 6 of us that went from the carolinas we got 7th and 8th in rec, 10th and 3rd in modern longbow, 3rd in heavy bow and not sure about the other. I think maybe around 11th in rec.

Got to talk to Rick a little bit. Very humble and nice guy. His student, Sean, won the heavy bow.

Hope it grows more next year. Haven't heard or seen a bad report from anyone who went. Pics are up at ibo.net and scores should be up soon. Don
Back to top Go down
lech

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 11:04 am

Any chance this shoot moving closer to the west. Dad and I would love to shoot in it but PA is a long ways to go from MT
Back to top Go down
don batten

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 6:28 pm

I hear ya Lech, I have heard maybe Tn or ky next year. I did hear Rick talking to someone about trying to get some ibo events farther west to get you guys involved more. thats all I know. Don
Back to top Go down
lech

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 7:38 pm

I talked with dad tonight and he believes the back east crew is afraid to shoot in the west. (LOL) We had a Few good shooters in the area that can hang with any one. BRING THE BIG ONES CLOSER IF YOU DARE. Eric Lechleitner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ibo "TRAD" Worlds   Ibo "TRAD" Worlds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ibo "TRAD" Worlds
Page 1 of 1