RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 Fingers vs Split

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuss

3 Fingers vs Split Empty
PostSubject: 3 Fingers vs Split   3 Fingers vs Split I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 9:10 pm

I am looking for any pros or cons on shooting three fingers under vs a split finger release.
How about shooting three fingers under with a glove vs a tab?
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are.
I have lots of questions and even more to learn.
I have the newest DVD and will be taking the class as soon as I can.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Nuss

3 Fingers vs Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fingers vs Split   3 Fingers vs Split I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 9:08 pm

Sorry about all of the questions but:
Do you use a metal nocking point on your string?
Did you have to move your nocking point up or down when you started shooting 3 fingers under?
How about your arrow nocks? I have always used a snap nock.I have replased quite a few of mine since I went 3 fingers under. I didn't know that they were so loose on the string.

Since I have commited to trying the shooting method Rick shows in his DVD. I have found out that I have got a long way to go and lots to learn, it seams that some of my old bad habits are going to be hard for me to change.

Tim
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

3 Fingers vs Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fingers vs Split   3 Fingers vs Split I_icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:39 pm

Hey, Tim
You can shoot good split or 3-under in the end it is the persons choice, with split at full you have a tendency to pull down with your top finger createing a bow in the arrow at full draw, this makes the arrow have alot more recovery to make on its way to the target, so if you lose back tension or pluck the release or any mistakes in form magnitys your mistakes. That's why I shoot 3-under it more forgiving and keeps my arrow in the kill zone most of the time when I make my human mistakes, nobody is going to be perfect in there form everytime so why not shoot the most forgiving way. There it is guys make your own choice.
I have alway shot snap on nocks, I don't want my arrow falling on the string when I draw on that animal in the woods.
If the nocks are still loose reserve your string with larger serving.
RICK
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com
Sponsored content

3 Fingers vs Split Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fingers vs Split   3 Fingers vs Split I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Fingers vs Split
Page 1 of 1