RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please describe your "aiming" technique.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TomL

Please describe your "aiming" technique. Empty
PostSubject: Please describe your "aiming" technique.   Please describe your "aiming" technique. I_icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 6:20 pm

I'm interested in what you "see" , where you focus, is your arrow used in any way as a "periferal" guage. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

PostSubject: Re: Please describe your "aiming" technique.   Please describe your "aiming" technique. I_icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 10:12 am

Hi,Tomi
I hear everybody all the time talking about gap shooting, tip shooting, instinitive shooting all these ways of shooting.
There are only two ways to shoot a bow without sights. You can consciously aim or subconsciously aim that's it.
You can aim consciously which means you are looking at the arrow and lining it up right & left and up & down having to know how far the target is, if the distance is wrong you will miss, this is where you will develop target panic sooner or later, it will be a never ending problem. The reason is from shooting and miss judging your distance or bad form. You lost confidence that the distances is correct while at full draw trying to aim with no confidence that you have the distance correct what so ever and that you will hit the target, then you want to let the arrow loss as soon as the arrow starts to line up, then you start a enter fight with yourself as to when to release the arrow. So instead of focusing on the right things like proper form and mentally going thought your shot process and trying to be constant each shot. That is exactly what you are not confidencing on, so
a total like of confidence and totally no concestration on the proper things it takes to make good shoots time and time again, you basicily have very low self esteem when it comes to shooting your bow. How would you possiblly ever exspect to hit the target so why try to shoot a bow without sights like it had them. That's not the way a bow without sights was mean to be shot, Its totally unatural. That's why so many people have target panic its a never ending problem, if you choose to shoot this way that's what will most likely happen sooner or later. You can go pay a instructor to over come your target panic, he may do so but only for a while, it will be back as long as you try to consciously aim. Even guys shooting compounds deal with this all the time going to bact tension releases and everything else.
I'm ask all the time how can I get over target panic. The answer is simple quit consciously aiming. Let your god given instincts work naturally learn how to set your bow up to fit you and put the arrow were you are wanting it to go, you will never have a problem with target panic if you will use your instincts.
The other choice is subconscious aiming letting your instincts work naturally. This means your total concestration and focus is on the target, how far is it, don't no, don't care. What do you see at full draw, you see everything in front of you and everything to each side,do you see the bow (yes) do you see the arrow (yes) do you see the background behind the target (yes) If your eyes are open and your not blind you see everything from front to side. Are you focusing on everything (no) you total focus your sight an mind on the spot on the target you want the arrow to go. although all these things are in your version you don't focus on anything but the target, totally look though everything in front an beside of you,
its like driving down the road looking though the windshield you don't focus your vision on the glass in the windshield you focus on the road guiding your automobile in the dirrection you want it to go. I've heard guys say they shoot instinitive and see nothing in front on them but the target they say they don'y see the arrow or anything. They really do but they are looking and focusing on there target and don't pay attention to anything else.
So after this long answer. What I see at full draw is everything in front of me. From a total version stand point, I look and focus my version on the spot on my target I want to hit. I see, but don't see anything but my target.
Hope this helps you.
RICK
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com
TomL

PostSubject: Re: Please describe your "aiming" technique.   Please describe your "aiming" technique. I_icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 2:27 pm

Thanks for taking the time to respond Rick. I appreciate it.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please describe your "aiming" technique.   Please describe your "aiming" technique. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please describe your "aiming" technique.
Page 1 of 1