RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anchor point

Go down 
+2
R. Armendariz
bowgy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bowgy

anchor point Empty
PostSubject: anchor point   anchor point I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

Since changing my anchor point to the thumb knuckle below the ear I have noticed that my string fingers aren't always in the exact same position. Sometimes a bit more in or out or up or down or whatever. My finger tips through the glove can't seem to find a secondary repeatable spot on my face. How do you remedy this? thank you
Back to top Go down
R. Armendariz

anchor point Empty
PostSubject: Re: anchor point   anchor point I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 11:53 pm

I know what you are talking about what i do is put my thumb knuckle behind my ear lobe right in the pocket,what this does for me is keeps my hand more extended while holding the string and steady. I like to do this during hunting because it keeps my hand more stable and constant especially because of hunting pressure. When I shoot at home I keep it the way Rick showed us. I hunted this year like this and did not change my shot at the animal,when I shoot like this at home it brings my hit point about 2in. higher, hunting I guess it does not matter long as its in the kill zone.This is just me I don not know if it will work for you.
Back to top Go down
Barebowyer

anchor point Empty
PostSubject: your anchor!   anchor point I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 9:44 am

I totally understand what you are saying and it was very uncomfortable for me at first. I would concentrate on placing your knuckle correctly as well as the fletching in the exact same location each draw. That will virtually eliminate where youor fingers are resting because they will automatically be in the same place each time. It works for me!!! Good luck and give it a try. A great/ solid double anchor will be better than any inconsistent anchor regardless of how many points you use.

"Shoot Straight!"
Back to top Go down
kentowl

anchor point Empty
PostSubject: Re: anchor point   anchor point I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 1:58 pm

I've had issues with the thumb knuckle behind the ear - ended up with blood all over my thumbnail. Turns out my hand wants to "pronate" or turn palm-down, and the nail was chewing a hole in my neck while my fingers were torquing the string.

Remedy so far is to extend my thumb up the back of my ear, from there string pull keeps the bottom of my hand in closer and aligns fingers better with the string. That has improved release and consistency -and stopped the bleeding.

A shooting school grad who watched me noted that pulling the extended thumb past my ear meant I was drawing back "off line", answer to that was holding thumb and forefinger together until past the ear. May not be ideal, but I don't want to spook the deer with the scent of blood!
Back to top Go down
archer38

anchor point Empty
PostSubject: Re: anchor point   anchor point I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 7:50 pm

I place my thumb knuckle under my earlobe right in the crease of my jaw and also let the cock feather touch the tip of my nose. This seems to work well for me BUT... after shooting for a few hours on the weekend my wife noticed the tip of my nose was bleeding. I guess my string must be just glancing off my nose slightly on release and I hadn't noticed.
Back to top Go down
Caughtandhobble

anchor point Empty
PostSubject: Re: anchor point   anchor point I_icon_minitimeThu 31 May 2012, 12:11 pm

I'm glad I joined up today... I tried this just last week for about three days and this anchor style seemed to pull my nock too far to the right (I'm right handed) resulting with me consistently grouping to the left. I will add that I'm a big headed rascal and I just don't think it's going to work for me.

Any big headed rascals out there that this works well for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anchor point Empty
PostSubject: Re: anchor point   anchor point I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anchor point
Page 1 of 1