RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

point weights

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
semiller

point weights Empty
PostSubject: point weights   point weights I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 11:55 am

Does Rick use weighted inserts in his goldtips,or just standard inserts.what point weight ?
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

point weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: point weights   point weights I_icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 10:53 pm

Althought heavy front to center is good in more ways than one carbon arrows are stiff, if cut off to short they will be very unforgiving and fly badly you will have no choice but to add all that weight tip the tip to get it to shoot.With all that being said.
I shoot standard inserts and leave my arrows full length.
RICK
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com
bruce martin

point weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: point weights   point weights I_icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 8:27 am

Yeah, I made that mistake recently by trying to get my 45 and 55 pro hunters shooting the same shaft where I look just by adjusting the side pad. Cut arrows to 29.5 inch (I have 28 inch draw length). Shooting the gold tip hunter (black shaft) and the traditional shaft (wood grain) fine with the 55 lb bow, with 125 grain point, and 75 or 100 grain steel adapter with standard insert. In fact, needed the hard pad and a twig under the pad to move the shafts left enough.

Either shaft with the 45 lb bow is shooting stiff (left) with the soft or no pad and I really don't want to increase point weight more as I will sacrifice flat trajectory with the 45 lb bow. Went to a lighter TS-1 string and that helped some to move the arrow to the right, but still not enough.

Probably should have left all the shafts alone and that would give me maximum ability to adjust with side plate options.

Bruce Martin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

point weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: point weights   point weights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

point weights
Page 1 of 1