RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tie on nock point

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Conan 1883

Tie on nock point Empty
PostSubject: Tie on nock point   Tie on nock point I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 9:00 pm

When I went to Rick's school, he eliminated my brass nock point and tied a new nock point on my bow string. Is there possibly a way we can get a video clip of him explaining and tying a nock point in place on a bow string? Also, if he could show the three different types of material he uses for his arrow rest material and how each affects arrow flight, that would be the bomb.
Back to top Go down
Nuss

Tie on nock point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tie on nock point   Tie on nock point I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2010, 9:11 pm

That tied on nocking point works great. I just can not remember how Rick did it.
Any help would be great.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bruce martin

Tie on nock point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tie on nock point   Tie on nock point I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 5:48 pm

Let me attempt to explain it, although a picture is worth a thousand words. Put the bow in a vice or holder with the bowstring up and upper limb to the left. Find the approximate placement for the lower edge of the nock point (where the arrow nock will contact it for 3 under) and tie a simple overhand knot (a 'granny'). Keep the knot loose for now. The tag ends will slant to upper right and lower left. Make a loop with the lower left tag end placed alongside the bowstring and run the tag end of the loop through the overhand knot and cinch down the overhand knot. Take the upper right tag end from the original Granny and wrap it over the granny and along the bow string to the left a few wraps to make a string nock. Run that tag end (from making the few turns over the bowstring) through the loop you made. Grab the tag end on the right of the string nock you just made and pull gently to close the loop and this will bring the other tag end with it under the string nock for a neat fit and will tighten the nock somewhat. Trim off the tag ends and melt with a match carefully. Voila.

This string nock is adjustable. It is a different method than any other I've seen used. Much simpler, faster and neater. No glue needed.

Now that I've thoroughly confused you, someone with a camera had better show this.
Back to top Go down
Conan 1883

Tie on nock point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tie on nock point   Tie on nock point I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 7:28 am

GREAT explanation, Bruce! Thanks a million! I will try it soon...Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tie on nock point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tie on nock point   Tie on nock point I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tie on nock point
Page 1 of 1