RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHICH FEATHER HELICAL?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oldtwohairs

WHICH FEATHER HELICAL? Empty
PostSubject: WHICH FEATHER HELICAL?   WHICH FEATHER HELICAL? I_icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 12:26 pm

Rick, I moved this as a new question from our new member. I wanted to make sure you saw it. He is making plans to attend your school in the future.- Dave.

Great! Now after I just ordered RH helical clamps for my JoJan multi fletcher I find out that a right handed shooter should shoot left wing helical.
Rick, What is the reason for this? Everything you read always says right or left, it doesn't matter. Guess I need to know if I should send the clamps back and get the lefts. I have been shooting four fletch, just because I like not ever having to worry about nocking the arrow wrong.

Thanks ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
DAKOTA BOWS
Admin
DAKOTA BOWS

PostSubject: Re: WHICH FEATHER HELICAL?   WHICH FEATHER HELICAL? I_icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 10:16 pm

The reason is putting your nose on the back of the feather as your second anchor, means you will draw the bow to the exact same place each time you draw. A right handed shooter neads left because it angles up and will enable you to get your noise on it, right angles down and puts it to low making it hard to get your nosie on the back of the feather.
Left handed shooters use right for the same reasons.
RICK
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakotabows.com
oldtwohairs

PostSubject: Re: WHICH FEATHER HELICAL?   WHICH FEATHER HELICAL? I_icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 10:27 pm

Thanks Rick!
I guess I'll send back the RH clamps and get LH. That explains why I had a terrible time trying to figure out how to position the nocks so I could get the feather in contact with my nose.

What cut seems to work the best? Shield, parabolic, banana, etc.

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHICH FEATHER HELICAL?   WHICH FEATHER HELICAL? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHICH FEATHER HELICAL?
Page 1 of 1