RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Rick Welch Shooting School Experience - 12/08

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
buck

My Rick Welch Shooting School Experience - 12/08 Empty
PostSubject: My Rick Welch Shooting School Experience - 12/08   My Rick Welch Shooting School Experience - 12/08 I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 10:37 am

"I just completed Rick's 2-day school. Without any reservation at all, I would recommend this program to anyone who was looking to improve their shooting abilities. Further, he does really well at giving you a "keep it simple" foundation. The first thing that we did yesterday morning was to film my shooting and critique my form (or lack thereof). Then Rick gave me specific steps towards shoring up my shooting.

Some of the things that I learned were to be CONSISTENT in sqaring both my feet and shoulders towards my aiming point. SLOWING down, solid DOUBLE-ANCHOR, HOLD, HOLD, RELEASE. The end results were quit astounding as I watched the films today, after incorporating the recommendations. I shot a 246 and 226 (2nd round and a bit tired) on the target course. Before this, I was averaging about 190.

I also learned that my 55 lbs DAS Recurve was too heavy. Yes I could shoot it o.k. at short range, but holding it 2-3 seconds and obtaining the proper sight picture resulted in the need for a lighter bow, which luckily for me, Rick was able to provide for the sessions.

I will try to cross-pollinate Rick's style of instinctive shooting. The "double anchor" point maximizes your consistency shot after shot. We had to re-fletch me a couple of arrows with the back of the fletching just coming to the the tip of my nose. Then my split finger, middle finger to corner of mouth was completely changed to the front of the bent thumb, to the back lower part of my jaw bone.

Rick's process is all about repetition, with no reference to the tip of the arrow, or Gap shooting. It's about achieving the proper sight picture by focusing on your target and adjusting the bow arm for longer shots. If your form is right, it just becomes exculsively an elevation issue with the shot.

Repetition produces the proper data to your subconscious and you achieve the desired results. As I watched my second day of shooting, I was truly amazed at how far I'd come. I had significantly reduced a lot of bad habits like plucking the arrow, rushing the shot, peeking, etc.

If you are like me, I don't like to think that I am "not in control". But just a couple of hours Rick's insight gave me a totally new perspective. The school was da bomb!

And oh yeah, I do have a new Dakato Hunter on order as of today. His bows are FAST, BEAUTIFUL & SMOOTH!"

Barry Buckley
Back to top Go down
http://mid-southdealers.com
Dr. Bob

My Rick Welch Shooting School Experience - 12/08 Empty
PostSubject: September "09 grad   My Rick Welch Shooting School Experience - 12/08 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 11:59 am

My shooting has improved tremendously since the class and now I know how to fix the shot if I shoot poorly. I highly recommend Rick's class to anyone struggling with their shooting.
Back to top Go down

My Rick Welch Shooting School Experience - 12/08
Page 1 of 1