RICK WELCH'S THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM
TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

TO OUR FIRST TIME VISITOR: Thank you for your interest in Rick Welch's THE ACCURACY FACTORY FORUM.
This forum is the destination for the open minded traditional archer/bowhunter who is striving
to be the most consistently accurate shot possible. If you feel Rick's method is right for you, we will do EVERYTHING we can to help you to
shoot better than ever before.- Dave Mullins Administrator/Moderator

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RICK WELCH'S INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING METHOD.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ddbarnhizer

Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? Empty
PostSubject: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:41 pm

I got my Dakota Pro Hunter recurve and could not be more pleased. This bow is absolutely amazing in terms of ease of draw, shootability, and general good looks!!! I love buying a product that, when I take it home, still excites me as much as it did in my imagination before getting it home.

But how do you guys carry your bows in traveling? I don't want to break it down every time I get in the car, but I'm scared to death about transporting it because I don't yet have a good case. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

Thx!
Back to top Go down
foamkiller

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 2:08 pm

Depending on where and how I am traveling my cases change. For the normal driving trip I have a Neet strung recurve case that my 64" Dakota Pro Hunter fits nicely whether strung or not. When I have to take my bow down for flying I use one of ***!!!***' Safari Tuff cases. It has pockets for the limbs and the riser. It is padded and folds over itself so it fits nicely into my suitcase.
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep 2010, 7:40 pm

I second the neet case. Tell us about your bow.. I have one coming and can't hardly wait.
Back to top Go down
ddbarnhizer

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 4:29 pm

The bow is simply awesome. Every time I practice I find myself remarking on how smooth the draw is, how it doesn't stack at all. The grip sits perfectly in my hand. My buddies are jealous, my arrows are fast, and the bow shoots true. Absolutely worth every penny and absolutely worth the wait. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 4:51 pm

What wood combo..draw weight and amo did you go with?
Back to top Go down
FredWalker

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 11:33 am

bounce Hey Okie I just got mine Dakota Pro Longbow TD all Bacote. What a beauty. It not only looks great, it shoots great.
Smooth to draw, never experienced a bow so quiet and I own a lot of top level bows. My black widow has been on the shelf since I got the Dakota which by the way I call "Spirit Walker" It is 64". I like my bows long. They seem more smooth to me.
Just got it in September when Rick came to my Rendezvous in Ontario Canada. Once tuned in it is a pleasure to shoot.
Mine calls out to me to pick it up all the time. Complete with deer antler knobs bow quiver and yellow and white fletching it is striking to the eye and great in the hand. Love the finger grip.
You will love it
Back to top Go down
http://HBKMartialarts.com
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 11:40 am

I know you really like it. I am a true longbow person. I ordered a recurve because of the speed...but that just means there will be a pro hunter longbow in the near future..LOL

Post up some pics if you can..thanks
Back to top Go down
FredWalker

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 12:09 pm

Sorry re pics not got any available yet. There is only 1o to 15 feet per second difference. Not enough to make a difference to me as it is still pushing close to 200 ft per second. Sure doesn't hurt to have one of each for sure. Perhaps after a sell a couple I will go for a recurve of Rick's as well. Hard to beat the best.
Back to top Go down
Lil" Okie

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 12:13 pm

I know ..I have a short draw of 26.5 inches..and rick told me I would be happier with a recurve..

I trust his judgement completly..

you can't have to many bows..LOL
Back to top Go down
FredWalker

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 12:28 pm

Yup he would never steer you wrong, or anyone else LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?   Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carry Case for Pro Hunter Recurve?
Page 1 of 1